It is Virginia May's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information I collect from you or which you provide to me, in the circumstances set out below.
This policy has been written to outline how your personal data is collected, used, communicated, disclosed, safeguarded and otherwise made use of.
I will only collect and use your personal data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations
- I am performing a contract with you for my services
- I have legititmate interests in using your personal data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Usually, your personal data will be used to:
- process and manage your use of our website (e.g. cookies, or technical data which is not connected to your personal data)
- to respond to your questions, comments and requests (e.g. if you email me, I will reply to your email and will use the information you've given in order to have a coherent, human conversation)
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me (e.g. when you sign up for my newsletter I will use your email address and first name to send news to you)
I take your privacy seriously and will not share or sell your personal data with others, except in order to facilitate the service you have requested. For example, I use Bookfunnel to send your free book to you, and Mailerlite to send my newsletters. Please note that I have appropriate privacy safeguards in place with these third-party providers, who are also fully compliant with the law and are not permitted to share your information with anyone except as required by law.
Children: Please note, this website, my stories and my newsletter are intended for an adult audience. If you are under 18, please do not provide your email address or request to sign up for my newsletter.
If you have any questions about this policy, how I use your personal data, or if you wish to enquire as to what personal data of yours I am holding, please contact me at email@example.com.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), I, Virginia May, am the "data controller".
This policy is effective as of 1 June 2019. I review my privacy practices and policy on an on-going basis, so please check this page periodically to ensure you are familiar with its current content.